Enjoy the Autumn Night with Rooftop Bars in Seoul15-11-2018 06:14 AM
The Booth Brewing (Samseong branch)
The Booth Samseong branch (Credit: The Booth Brewing brand marketing team)
The Booth Brewing Samseong branch is located in between the towering offices of Gangnam and gives a wonderful sight of the city nightscape. The Booth is a craft beer specialty bar and offers a diverse range of beer with the highest quality. In particular, the Taegang Pale Ale is most popular and has been crafted in collaboration with world renowned beer manufacturing company, Mikkeller. The night would not be complete without Korea’s favorite chimaek (chicken and beer) and pimaek (pizza and beer).
- ☞ Address: 40, Teheran-ro 83-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 강남구 테헤란로 83길 40)
- ☞ Directions: Samseong Jungang Station (Seoul Subway Line 9), Exit 5. Walk approx. 5 min.
- ☞ Operating hours: Monday-Friday 17:00-24:00 / Saturdays 12:00-24:00 / Sundays 12:00-23:00
- ☞ Signature menus: Taegang Pale Ale, Eureka Seoul Hop Ale, Monster Pizza, Crispy Chicken
- ☞ Inquiries: +82-1544-4723, Ext. 5 (Korean, English)
- ☞ Website: thebooth.co.kr (Korean, English)
On the streets of Itaewon, there is a large pink neon sign for Blue55. The dark interior is great, but the 3rd floor rooftop gives an excellent view of the Itaewon nightscape. The pink neon sign is a popular spot for social media posts. The signature dishes at Blue55 are the half pasta and sweet chicken. In particular, the sweet chicken with its deep creamy sauce and side of baked sweet potatoes, garlic, and asparagus make the perfect combination with beer.
- ☞ Address: 3, Bogwang-ro 55-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 용산구 보광로55길 3)
- ☞ Directions: Itaewon Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 4. Walk approx. 3 min.
- ☞ Operating hours: Weekdays 17:00-02:00 (next day) / Saturdays 16:00-02:00 (next day) / Sundays 16:00-01:00 (next day)
- ☞ Signature menus: Half Pasta, Sweet Chicken, Fried Pork Rinds
- ☞ Inquiries: +82-2-790-5551 (Korean only)
- ☞ Instagram: @blue55_grill_pub_itaewon
Billy’s Table is decorated with artificial grass and cute light bulbs that give a picnic-like atmosphere. Enjoy the night at Itaewon with a glass of cocktail that has a low degree of alcohol and a dish of Gambas al Ajillo that has a savory olive oil scent. The dish tastes best when you place the garlic and shrimp on a warm piece of bread and dip it in olive oil. For a fulfilling meal, pasta and steak is available as well.
- ☞ Address: 16-4, Noksapyeong-daero 46-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 용산구 녹사평대로46길 16-4)
- ☞ Directions: Noksapyeong Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 2. Walk approx. 6 min.
- ☞ Operating hours: 11:30-23:00
- ☞ Signature menus: Gambas al Ajillo, Shrimp Cream Pasta, Beef Salad
- ☞ Inquiries: +82-2-790-3312 (Korean only)
UPP (Universe Peace Project)
UPP (Credit: UPP & Entpark)
Just like its name, Universe Peace Project, the store has an artistic interior with a comedic touch. From the outside, the store looks very cozy and on the inside, it is decorated with various art pieces and adorable props. The most popular menu, UPP Pizza, is topped with sausages and bacon and goes great with beer. Also, there is a rooftop terrace where customers can take a glass of beer to sit back and relax while taking in the cool fall breeze of Itaewon.
- ☞ Address: 104, Jangmun-ro 49-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 용산구 장문로 49길 104)
- ☞ Directions: Itaewon Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 3. Walk approx. 15 min.
- ☞ Operating hours: Weekdays 15:00-23:00 / Weekends 13:00-23:00 (Last order is at 22:00 / Closed on the first Wednesday of each month)
- ☞ Signature menus: UPP Pizza, Special Pizza, Cheese Pizza
- ☞ Inquiries: +82-2-790-9090 (Korean only)
- ☞ Instagram: @upp_official
Rooftop Floating (Credit: Rooftop Floating (bottom right))
Rooftop Floating is recommended for those looking for a romantic and luxurious atmosphere. To add to that, Namsan Tower and the Myeong-dong landscape can be seen through the high windows. Customers can also enjoy a glass of their favorite beverage and take in the view of the Seoul’s cityscape while receiving a foot spa. The staff recommends the Alada Gran Reserva Pinot Noir, a wine that is perfect for the autumn night. A dish that goes well with wine is their BBQ Platter, a platter of assorted barbeque that includes roasted chicken and rib katus.
- ☞ Address: 137, Toegye-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 중구 퇴계로 137)
- ☞ Directions: Myeong-dong Station (Seoul Subway Line 4), Exit 9. Walk approx. 1 min.
- ☞ Operating hours: Monday-Thursday & Sundays 18:00-01:00 (next day) / Friday-Saturday 18:00-02:00 (next day)
- ☞ Signature menus: BBQ Platter, Cold Cut Platter, Gin Tonica
- ☞ Inquiries: +82-2-6310-1097 (Korean, English)
- ☞ Facebook: www.facebook.com/rooftopfloating
- ☞ 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)
* This column was last updated on September 2018, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here. We advise you to check details before visiting.